The 2017 Fierce Awards are Here!
Join us this evening to honor some of Gainesville’s best female leaders in business. For event information, check out the official press release below:
For Immediate Release
Contact: Michael Peterson
Advantage Publishing, Inc.
July 6, 2017
Business in Greater Gainesville and D.E. Scorpio Corporation Host the 2017 Fierce Awards
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Business in Greater Gainesville Magazine will host the 2017 Fierce Awards at the University of Florida’s Emerson Alumni Hall on Monday, July 10 at 5:30 p.m.
The event which is presented by D. E. Scorpio Corporation, seeks to recognize and applaud talented, transformative women in our business community by identifying their work in the corporate, nonprofit, governmental and entrepreneurial sectors of our region for their ability to inspire and ignite change in their respective arenas.
“I am proud to say that my wife is my business partner and we are raising three daughters together. Opportunities like these are important to me and my company because it allows us to demonstrate, in a very inclusive way, our commitment to the encouragement and support of
women in leadership roles in the workforce and in our community. This is a stellar group of accomplished women,” said Domenic Scorpio, the President of D.E. Scorpio Corporation. “We are thrilled to be a part of this event and look forward to our continued involvement.”
The magazine is pleased to recognize the following winners:
• Staccie Allen, Regional Strategic Operations Director, Med-Trans Corporation
• Carly Barnes Dodd, Assistant Director for the University of Florida Diabetes Institute
• Tara Blythe, Associate Vice President for Talent Management and Chief Strategy Officer for University of Florida Advancement
• Dr. Naima Brown, Vice President of Student Affairs, Santa Fe College
• Joleen Cacciatore Miller, Executive Director, Gainesville Sports Commission
• Mary Chase, Media Consultant, Cox Media
• Marcia Conwell, President/CEO, Bread of the Mighty Food Bank
• Magi Crawford, Communications Director, Gainesville Regional Utilities
• Deidre Dodd, Program Manager, Girls on the Run
• Sara Emmanuel, Office Manager/Marketing Manager, Scherer Construction
• Traci Gresham, City Manager, City of Alachua
• Amy Howard, Owner, Venture Realty
• Leanna Iacobellis, Business Development Manager, Regis HR Group
• Kim Jamerson, Vice President of Marketing, SharpSpring
• Kathleen Joseph, Mental Health Counselor and owner of Kathleen Joseph & Associates, LLC
• Melissa Mamatas, Owner/Founder, Mamatas Counseling Associates
• Amber McClave, Vice President Operations/General Counsel, Info Tech, Inc.
• Barzella Papa, President & CEO, Community Foundation of North Central Florida
• Kathey Porter, Director, University of Florida Small Business and Vendor Diversity Relations
• Jenn Powell, Office Manager/Bookkeeper for Car Keys, LLC.
• Norinda Rosario Yancey, Director of Community Impact, United Way of North Central Florida
• Rebecca Shinholser, Assistant State Attorney/Juvenile Division Chief, Office of the State Attorney Eighth Judicial Circuit
• Tiffany Thomas, Co-owner/Broker Associate, Thomas Group Realty
• Nicole Yucht, Assistant Vice President of University of Florida Communications
A $25 general admission ticket to the 2017 Fierce Awards will grant access to the reception which will include adult refreshments and light appetizers as well as a presentation recognizing each Fierce recipient. For tickets visit http://businessmagazinegainesville.com/fierce-tickets/ or sponsorships visit http://businessmagazinegainesville.com/2017-fierce-award-sponsors/
For more information: Please reach out to the event coordinator Catherine Perkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-372-5854 ext. 215 or D.E. Scorpio Corporation Marketing Director Jennifer Denault at Jennifer@descorpiocorp.com or 352-219-7500.